Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ikanreed
    Participant

December 13 update.

So: arcing is resolved and they caused and fixed a leak. What’s next after that? Higher power shots? What’s going to break next? Personally, I think that murphey’s law isn’t done with the experiment yet, and something else will break soon.

The report is interesting. Glad to see the arcing problem is under control for now.

Does anyone else see the “apple core”? It looks more like wishful thinking than proof. With this image I can’t tell the depth of the filament so it might be light in a more complex pattern that flattens to look like the filament. The image quality is not very good. I’ve seen ~500ps images from lower current PF devices with superior clarity. It’s nice to have the fast framing camera but the set up appears to need some improvement to get better image resolution. Good luck to Fred in pushing beyond 60 um per pixel.

benf
    Participant

If you have better images, can you try sharing them?

I can envision the apple core in the second image of the report. See attached two images…Look closely at the second image.

Maybe a stronger lens magnification would help, but you can’t get too close. Questar Corp. may have a solution with their LDM microscope, though not cheap.

edit: added link

Attached files

Henning
    Participant

BTW: There are Christmas packages on top of the reactor (page 2). 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.