The Focus Fusion Society Forums Lawrenceville Plasma Physics Experiment (LPPX) Beyond bending metal: breaking glass….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zapkitty
    Participant
    Rezwan
    Participant

zapkitty wrote: Apparently not mentioned here yet: another update from LPP:

The report was sent on Sept. 21 to dues paying members of the site, and subsequently posted on the LPP site.

FFS has no funding currently, so I have those priorities. Since the info is available to members and also on the LPP site, posting it here is on the back burner.

Several members have the ability to post on the site, and could take advantage of that if they wished. Members will have to get more involved in the day to day operations of the website, and the organization needs more members.

If you are a dues paying member and would like to get involved in posting the LPP newsletters (and other things) to the site, let me know. I’ll activate that layer of permission and you can get to work (pending a little bit of training).

That would be great!

benf
    Participant

I’m wondering if someone could explain the numbers on the chart to those of us who are math challenged??? I’m not sure what R2 is referring to. The spike voltage to the 2.73 power makes some sense but I’m lost with the rest. I’ve looked back at basic math primers, I’m still scratching my head.

Francisl
    Participant

benf wrote: I’m wondering if someone could explain the numbers on the chart to those of us who are math challenged??? I’m not sure what R2 is referring to. The spike voltage to the 2.73 power makes some sense but I’m lost with the rest. I’ve looked back at basic math primers, I’m still scratching my head.

It refers to using linear regression to create a trend line to match the data points.

The Khan Academy has good lessons on how this is calculated.

benf
    Participant

Aahh, epiphany…thanks for the links Francisl…I believe lesson #60 from the Khan Academy nails it: Calculating R-Squared. Correct me if I’m wrong…The only problem is I’ve had to start at lesson one and I have quite a few more to go, but they’re jogging my memory of past studies of statistics. It’s for real world application too. Now I know to write R^2 properly!!!

Matt M
    Participant

I cannot help but feel optimistic hearing the glass shattered. In my mind it means that things are happening and forces are being unleashed. I just want to know if it’s true that when the porthole blew, Dr. Lerner yelled out, “Watson, come here. I need you!”

soni123
    Participant

Thanks for the great discussion

soni123
    Participant

essay outline[/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.