The Focus Fusion Society Forums Plasma Cosmology and BBNH Astrological apostasy: No need for Dark matter/dark energy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mchargue
    Participant

Here’s an article I came across. Interesting to see a different evaluation of the evidence. Even though this does not challenge the climate change faith, one wonders if funding will be cut…

The article, titled, “Redshift in cosmic dust resolves the galaxy rotation problem without dark matter and MOND”…

“Resolution of the galaxy rotation problem by redshift in cosmic dust allows cosmology to proceed by Newtonian mechanics without the need for dark matter or Modified Newtonian Dynamics (MOND)”

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/blog/8209-redshift-cosmic-dust-resolves-galaxy-rotation-problem-without-dark-matter-and-mond-27333.html

Pat

pluto
    Participant

G’day

Please define Dark Matter. There are so many definitions theses days.

mchargue
    Participant

pluto wrote: G’day

Please define Dark Matter. There are so many definitions theses days.

You mistake me. The article is not offered in support of dark anything. Instead, it presents a theory that does not rely on dark matter/energy to explain the anomalous spin rates of galaxies.

As for a definition of dark matter & energy… It’s a contextual definition: It is whatever you need it to be.

Pat

pluto
    Participant

G’day

You answered my question 100% correct.

Darn , I cannot remember if I posted this in this post or the other.

If this is a repeat, it’s an oops

http://arxiv.org/abs/0909.2581
    Cosmology and Astrophysics without Dark Energy and Dark Matter

Authors: Shlomo Barak, Elia M Leibowitz
    (Submitted on 14 Sep 2009)

Abstract: We show that there is no need for the hypothetical Dark Energy (DE) and Dark Matter (DM) to explain phenomena attributed to them. In contrast to the consensus of the last decade, we show that the time derivative of the cosmological scale factor, is a constant. We derive H(z), the Hubble parameter, as a function of the redshift, z. Based on H(z), we derive a curve of the Distance Modulus versus log(z). This curve fits data from supernovae observations, without any free parameters. This fit is as good as that obtained by current cosmology, which needs the free parameters Omega_M and Omega_Lambda. We obtain these results by using the hitherto un-noticed fact that the global gravitational energy density in our Hubble Sphere (HS) is equal to the Cosmological Microwave Background (CMB) energy density. We derive the dynamic and kinematic relations that govern the motions of celestial bodies in and around galaxies. This derivation does not require any gravitating matter beyond the observed baryonic matter. The theoretical Rotation Curves (RC), resulting from these relations, fit observed RCs. We obtain these results by examining the interplay between the local gravitational energy density, around a galaxy, and the CMB energy density. This interplay causes the inhomogeneous and anisotropic space expansion around a galaxy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.