The Focus Fusion Society Forums Plasma Cosmology and BBNH Alterations to Peratts Galaxy rotation model to make it work ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    zeuz
    Participant

Hey people.

Been thinking a lot about Peratts Galaxy Model to help explain galactic rotation curves, the possible problems with it and how it could be modified. The theory as it stands does not hold up to close scrutiny, as even if on a galactic scale it excels far past newtonian dynamics to explain rotation curves it falls down when you consider the EM properties of the field. It’s quite obvious that such huge EM forces and potentials do not exist and we can tell this from the shape of stars and planets magnetic fields, which seem to be as would be expected if no galactic size field was effecting them. A planet such as earth has a circular type field, effected only by the solar wind and very local EM fields.

However it occurs to me that the basic geometry of the Biot Savart law model Peratt has used still stands, and a simple modification of this could explain the rotation curves of galaxies not as huge EM fields but as a new way to model the large scale field properties of Gravity. It would be like an extreme version of MOND, but not so newtonian and more ‘out of the box’ thinking of gravities galactic scale properties. As such instead of using gravity as a point source you model it with the same geometrical properties as amperes law and the biot savart law. So in this case gravity over large areas of separation uses gravitational potential synonymously as voltage and electric potential is used for electromagnetic forces. So instead of the force dropping off with an inverse square relationship as if from a point it merely drops of inversely (1/x not 1/x^2).

I have not really thought about all the details fully yet and how exactly it would fit in with Peratts model. It will be very hard to disprove (gravity is so weak it would be very hard to test this possible 1/x relationship for colliding bodies, I would think?) but it makes sense that the EM force of nature and the gravitational force would have the same geometric properties, even if gravity is ‘currently’ viewed as purely attractive. I’m sure such a model could be nearly instantly created using the same dark matter fudge factors that Big Bang theories have used to explain rotation curves 😀 There could also be electromagnetic terms so strongly focussed by gravity in the centre of galaxies that you may be able to plasma phenomenon, even derive dense plasma fusion from such a system?

I dislike the perturbation theory based extrapolation of gravity from just a few select solar system bodies to the universe at large, as if it has to obey our local gravitational sample bias. There are other ways to work out gravity, whether you believe in an electromagnetic mechanism by which it works or not, but I can’t help thinking a lot of gravitational ‘evidence’ is merely [em]a priori [/em] curve fitting to data, as gravity is seen as so beyond repute by the status quo. There is room for competing theories since it is so hard to prove such huge extrapolations of local laws.

Please discuss 🙂 If anyone see’s an issue with this idea then please don’t hold back.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.