Electric Universe “debunked” blog
Posted: 15 February 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Valued Friend
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2008-12-17

I was looking around at the paucity of online information about the Electric Universe and found this:
http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.com/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html

I would like to hear what you guys think about the article and the comments thereafter. It’s written quite simply, so this shouldn’t be hard to analyze.
Thanks!

Posted: 15 February 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2006-05-22

I don’t agree with the theories of everyone who agrees with my theories.  As the blogger says, electric universe is very different than plasma cosmology. I would agree in general with the blogger’s critique. Of course, I do think the evidence is huge that the sun is powered by fusion.

Posted: 19 February 2013 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Valued Friend
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-17

Since plasma cosmology is often lumped in with electric universe theoretics by critics, then I think it would be beneficial for plasma cosmologists to write an official account of how they see plasma cosmology dictating the functionality of the sun and “electricity in the universe.”

Posted: 19 February 2013 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Old Croaker
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1463
Joined  2007-11-01

Here’s the “Thunderbolts” response to that post:

http://thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6369&p=68240#p68240

Signature 

Help Keep The Planet Green: Maximize Your CO2 and CH4 Output!

Posted: 20 February 2013 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Valued Friend
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-17

So much confusion generated in that thread! Shouldn’t it be reasonably easy to tell from our neutrino data whether or not their production on the sun correlate with sunspot cycles?!

Posted: 23 February 2013 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Valued Friend
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2009-04-24
opensource - 20 February 2013 04:57 PM

So much confusion generated in that thread! Shouldn’t it be reasonably easy to tell from our neutrino data whether or not their production on the sun correlate with sunspot cycles?!

Well ... not necessarily. TSI (Total Solar Irradiance) varies by only about 0.1% peak-to-trough during a solar cycle. I doubt current neutrino detection technology could reliably detect such a difference outside of experimental error.

Posted: 26 February 2013 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Valued Friend
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-12-17

.1% variance? Wow sounds like something one shouldn’t focus on to make important conclusions. There is a need for clarity here - people love making topics more complicated than they really are. For example, should we be able to:
1) calculate the surface area of the sun
2) take the most conservative estimate of currents we’ve measured near the sun
3) extrapolate an estimate that everyone is happy with showing how much electricity the sun could actually be receiving…?

These closely related theories - or hypotheses - could probably benefit by some good naming schemes so novices can distinguish them. Distinctness is part of marketing - and growing a scientific paradigm probably does require some marketing!