The Focus Fusion Society Forums Scientific Method, Skepticism Gaining energy from fusion is impossible

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Nuclear power plants were built 10 years after fission was discovered. Fusion was discovered at around the same time, still waiting. lol. In the meantime, a whole industry of pseudo-science has formed around the concept of fusion power. Fusion can only occur in a sun which has a huge gravitational force which supplies the necessary pressure to initiate fusion. On Earth, we do not have a huge gravitational force, thus, we must artificially create one. Thus, in order to create an artificial sun gravity you need to expend a lot of energy. Thus, the energy expended will equal the amount of energy extracted. Thus, it is not a feasible option. Note – The laws of thermodynamics wont allow you to gain any free energy.

Chuctanunda
    Participant

Akhenaten: Only the “ignition” has to be created. Look at the YouTube video Dr. Lerner does. He takes us through the whole process, step by step. The sun’s gravity doesn’t “create” solar energy. A perpetual nuclear chain reaction does. In other words, once the process is turned on, it is self igniting. The problem is putting it into a controlled useful form, like taming lightening, on a bigger scale. Unless you’re right and all the PhD’s is every country in the world are totally wrong, I suggest you maybe try to learn more and stay in touch with cutting edge research and development, like the focus fusion project. It almost seems like you hope they don’t succeed. That would undercut your Malthusian apocalyptic antihuman emotionally fired delusional belief system.

Anonymous

This doesn’t explain why the universe has 75% hydrogen. My theory explains why hydrogen is the most abundant element. Aetheric particles are compressed on the Sun’s surface. This is what gives us light and heat and hydrogen. Further compression within the sun causes heavier elements to form. Thus, our sun has an infinite amount of hydrogen fuel to keep it going forever. The current theory suggests that the sun will run out of hydrogen. This is a ridiculous conclusion. Why are some sun’s bigger than others? This is because they are older! Logic 101.

Chuctanunda
    Participant

Akhenaten: Sounds like some variation of the electric sun hypothesis. Stars are born and stars die. If you look on the periodic table you will notice hydrogen is first. It’s the simplest element. All the others are produced by fusion energy. If you have a better explanation, submit it for publication and see how it goes. Maybe a Nobel Prize awaits you. Hey, I’m in your corner. I always thought Einstein was over rated anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.